PLAYER REQUIREMENTS - BGYFL TRAVEL FOOTBALL GUIDELINES
Updated Thursday July 5, 2018 by Plainfield Junior Cats.
-- Ages and Weights - Regarding each current year:
- Must be (6) six by August 1 of current year to be eligible to play in the BGYFL
- 8U formally 73 lb. maximum (or striper) - Not 9 before August 1
- 9U, formally 83 lb. maximum (or striper) - Not 10 before August 1
- 10U formally 93 lb. maximum (or striper) - Not 11 before August 1
- 11U formally 103lb. maximum (or striper) - Not 12 before August 1
- JV: 118lb.Maximum (or striper) - Not 13 before August 1
- Varsity Gold: 153lb.Maximum (or striper) - Not 15 before August 1
- Varsity Silver: 141lb.Maximum (or striper) - Not 15 before August 1
Non high school students who turns 15 by August 1st and the day after championship
day can only play at the Varsity Gold level.
Striper Rule Definition:
A striper player is anyone designated to play only offensive line or defensive line. The maximum amount of single stripers a team can have on the field at a time is (5) five. The maximum amount of double stripers a team can have on the field at a time is (1) one. At no time may a striper advance the football, and if such a player ever gains possession of the football, the play will immediately be blown dead. Striper will not be allowed to punt and they are not allowed on kick or kick receiving team. A striper is allowed to kick a PAT/FG but if play is anything other than the scrimmage kick (bad snap or designed fake), the striper/kicker could only be a pass protector in the pocket behind the line of scrimmage. Any other action by the striper/kicker, the play will be blown dead.
-- Physical Requirements
- No player shall be registered as a Qualified Player if he/she has not attended and does not maintain a sound physical condition. The maintenance of a sound physical condition shall be the responsibility of the parent.
(C) Parental Consent:
- Each player must have the written consent of his/her parent(s) or guardian on file with his/her respective franchise in order to participate in the Bill George Youth Football League.
-- Falsification of League Records:
- Player - If any Player presents any false information at a League Registration, that player will be immediately suspended and barred from a future participation in the Bill George Youth Football League.
- Coach(s) - If any Coach(s) is found to have given any false information in order to register an ineligible player, the offending Coach(s) shall be immediately suspended and barred from all future participation in the League.
- Franchise(s) - If any Franchise Representative is found to have given any false information or had knowledge that false information was given, by any player or coach in order to register an ineligible player, the offending Franchise shall be placed on probation. A Major penalty will be assessed.
- Any player rostered on a Bill George Youth Football League Team shall not be rostered or play on any other football team during the current year.
- No High School Students will be allowed to participate in the Bill George Youth Football League.
- In numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 above, any game in which an ineligible Player participated shall be forfeited.
-- Approved forms of proof of birth date:
- Birth Certificate by State or Federal agency.
- Baptismal Certificates signed by qualified members of the clergy indicating date of birth.
- Other proofs of birth including but not limited to Passports and Alien cards or other recognized religious certificates signed by a qualified legal religious official who is not related to the participant indicating date of birth.
- All questionable proofs of birth must be submitted to the Weigh-in Committee and the Executive Board for their review and approval.
- Any player registered by and entered on the Roster of any team in the Bill George Youth Football League shall not be permitted to participate in any League with any other Team of the League, except to advance to a higher Division. Once a player participates in a game or dresses for a game in a higher Division, he/she is no longer eligible for play in a lower Division, and must be removed from the Roster of the lower Division Team. Violation of this Rule will result in forfeiture of the game in which the person played. This Rule will be invoked after official protest is lodged and accepted.
-- Pre-Game Weigh-In:
- Pre-Game Weigh-Ins are mandatory, the official electronic scale, supplied by the home team, will be used to record maximum weight allowable for that game (Player's Weight and Growth Factor, if applicable).
- All players are required to weigh in at the official weigh in before the start of the game. If a player arrives after the Start of the Game, that player may not participate in the Game until he/she weighs in at half time. Players must be weighed by both head coaches or designated assistant coach.
- A player may weigh in with full equipment on.
- The minimum a player can weigh in with, will be game football pants (including the basic 7 pads), a tee shirt (Can be Sleeve Less and ¾ length. But cannot be straps) and socks.
- All players’ who do not meet the weight for that game will not be eligible to play in that game. We recommend that each team arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the game.
- All players must bring their jersey to the scale.
- All strippers must bring their helmet and jersey to the scale.
- 8U – (73lb) Division: 74 lbs. First week = Non Striper
Striper Weight = 74.1 lbs. First week
- 9U (83lb) Division: 84 lbs. First week = Non Striper
Striper Weight = 84.1 lbs. First week
- 10U - 93lb. Division: 94 lbs. First week = Non Striper
Striper Weight = 94.1 lbs. First week
- 11U - 103lb. Division: 104 First week = Non Striper
Striper Weight = 104.1 lbs. First week
- JV Division: 119 lbs. First week = Non Striper
Striper Weight = 119.1 lbs. First week
- Varsity Division:
Gold - 154 lbs. First week = Non Striper
Gold Single striper Weight = 154.1 lbs. – 200lbs
Double Striper Weight = 200 lbs. – Unlimited
Silver - 141 lbs. First week = Non Striper
Silver Single Striper = 141.1 lbs.
-- Growth Factor:
- The allowed Growth Factor for all players that are not rostered as Varsity Division Stripers is a rate of one (1) pound per week starting the first week (See above).
- A growth Factor of one (1) pound per week will be allowed for the entire season. The total Growth Allowance is, therefore, a maximum of eleven (11) pounds over the period of the season up to and including all playoff games and championship day.