CHEER CAMP 2018
Updated Monday July 2, 2018 by Plainfield Junior Cats.
It's almost time for PJC Cheer Camp 2018!! PJC Cheer Camp is FREE for all registered 2018 Cheerleaders!
All cheerleaders should attend all 4 days.
Monday July 9th thru Thursday July 12th
Plainfield Central High School - Main Gym
24120 Fort Beggs Dr. Plainfield, IL 60544
- Park around the back of the high school and enter thru the main doors. Camp will be in the MAIN GYM this year, which will be to your right as you walk in. (Where we have had the Breast Cancer Fundraiser the past 2 years).
- Each day of camp, the cheerleaders should bring a bottle of water with their name on it and should use the restroom prior to camp beginning.
- On DAY 1 Monday: Cheerleaders should wear a t-shirt and shorts or leggings and gym shoes. You will check in before entering the gym, cheerleaders will receive a name tag and their camp shirt. Parents and cheerleaders will gather in the gym as soon as the camp staff is ready for us. If you did not sign the PJC handbook or receive your Play for Free raffle tickets at uniform fitting, they will be available at the registration table. All handbooks must be signed before your cheerleader can participate in camp. If you did not pay for your camp shirt at the uniform fitting, please bring $10 cash or check. Checks can be made out to PJC. On this first day, parents can stay in the gym or return for pick up at 8pm.
- On DAY 2 & 3 Tuesday and Wednesday: Cheerleaders should wear their camp shirt and shorts or leggings and gym shoes. You will again check in before entering the gym and cheerleaders will receive a name tag. Parents are asked to leave and return for pick up, both nights, so that the cheerleaders can focus on their instruction. If there are special circumstances, please let me know ahead of time.
- On Thursday: Cheerleaders should wear their camp shirt and shorts or leggings and gym shoes. You will check in before entering the gym and cheerleaders will receive a name tag. Parents are asked to stay in the cafeteria or may leave and return for the showcase, so that the cheerleaders can focus on their instruction. PARENTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS SHOULD RETURN at 7:25PM for our Family Showcase that will begin at 7:30pm. Everyone will gather outside of the gym until the camp staff is ready for us to enter the gym. The Showcase will conclude our camp! Picture opportunities with the high school cheerleaders will take place after the showcase!
IF YOU MISSED UNIFORM FITTINGS last week and have not let me know what size camp shirt your cheerleader needs, their size has been estimated based on the info you entered when you registered them. All cheerleaders have been ordered a shirt and will receive it the first day.
COACHES: You are invited to attend camp on all 4 days and you should remain in the gym with the cheerleaders and learn the main cheer they are learning. If you cannot attend all 4 days, I ask that you at least attend on Day 1 and Day 4. If you cannot attend at all, and haven't already emailed me, please do so. All coaches will receive a camp shirt as well!
If you have any questions, please respond to this email. See you at camp! :)
Sarah Ibarra - VP of Cheer, Plainfield Jr Cats