PJC BOARD MEETINGS
Updated Wednesday January 2, 2019 by Plainfield Junior Cats.
Meetings are generally held on the 2nd Monday evening of each month.
PJC DATES FOR 2019
Basic information about PJC's Board Meetings:
Agenda Outline for Plainfield Jr Cats Board Meetings
Open Meeting Start Time: 6:30pm
I Call to Order / Opening Statement
II Roll Call By Secretary
III Waive Reading and Approve minutes from last meeting.
IV Treasurer’s Report
V Executive Reports
V Old Business
VI New Business
VII Open Comment (Speaker Slip Required)
VIII Open session closes
Closed Executive Session takes place after the Open Session. If you have a matter requiring privacy during the closed Executive Session please email email@example.com for consideration.
Open Session is open to any current member of the Plainfield Jr Cats, all others wishing to attend must request to do so and get approval from Executive Board.
A. AGENDA AND MATERIALS
1. Regular Meetings of the Plainfield Jr Cats Board are typically scheduled for the second Monday of the month and begin at 6:30 p.m. with Public Comment Period (Section B below).
2. Executive Session proceeds open session and are closed meetings for the Exec Board.
3. The President, approximately one week before the Regular Meeting, prepares a list of proposed agenda items. Any Board member desiring to add additional items to the proposed agenda must submit them to the President two weeks before the meeting.
4. Citizens wishing to have an agenda item scheduled may make their request in writing to the President at least two weeks before the Regular Meeting. The President decides whether the subject is one which can and should be considered as part of a Board meeting agenda.
B. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
The purpose of Public Comment is to alert the Board to topics not on an agenda; comments should not include topics which have been the subject of recent meetings, or topics which have been scheduled by the Board for public hearings.
1. The public comment period is scheduled for 6:45 p.m. at regular board meetings.
2. Speakers are limited to three (3) minutes.
3. Only one speaker will be heard on each topic.
4. In order to speak, a speaker must complete a speaker slip identifying the subject of the public comment and turn it into the President after the Opening Statement is read. The President will determine if the topic is sutiable for Open Session or better discussed in Executive Session.
5. Written materials presented at public comment must be given to the President prior to speaking and will be distributed to the Board and will become part of the record (for distribution of hard copies to Board members, the Board requests that eleven copies be provided).
6. Electronic materials must be emailed to the President prior to speaking. Materials will be distributed electronically to the Board and staff and will become part of the record. Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and inform the clerk prior to speaking.
C. COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS
a. New business and public comment of regular items will begin no earlier than 6:45 p.m. or as soon thereafter as matters may permit, at Regular Meetings.
b. Regular items are heard in the order in which they appear on the agenda. At the discretion of the President, the length of some items may be limited, and some agenda items may be postponed for review at a closed Session of the current Regular Meeting, or taken out of sequence from the order listed on the agenda.
c. Opening presentations for any item will be limited to 3 minutes. At the discretion of the President, the amount of time for presentations or the order of such may change.
d. Limitations may be placed on the amount of speaking time given to all speakers, which limitations will be announced by the President before public comments when lengthy public comment is anticipated.
e. In order to speak, an individual must submit a speaker slip identifying the agenda item to the Secretary prior to the first speaker being called for that agenda item. Speaker slips may be downloaded online in advance of the meeting at the Plainfield Jr Cats homepage at www.jrcats.com but will not be accepted until the day of the hearing.
f. Speakers will be called in the order in which the speaker’s slips are received. If a speaker is not present at the time their name is called they will not be allowed to speak.
g. Speaker slips are valid only for the session of the meeting indicated and are not held over to another session or meeting.
h. Speakers are not permitted to donate time to others; the person whose name is written on the speaker slip must be the person presenting testimony.
i. Repetitious testimony is not allowed.
j. Oral presentations should not duplicate written statements which have been submitted to the Board in advance.
k. Written statements presented at meetings must be given to the President to be distributed to the Board and to become part of the record. (For distribution to Board members, the Board requests that 14 copies be provided: 11 for the Board members, one for the record, one for legal counsel, and one for staff.)
|PJC Speaker Slip.pdf|